The first project of the wool mill Lanificio Marzotto for the stretch of the Agno river between the Bonomini localities of Recoaro and San Quirico di Valdagno dates back to November 1901 and bears the signature of eng. Alessandro Marzotto. Upstream, it was the area near the wheat mill known as “Mulino della Fame” (owned by G.B. Dal Lago) and the recent Righellati hydroelectric plant; downstream, it was the site coinciding with the intake works of the Marchesini power plant (belonging to the Dal Lago company at the time).
More specifically, the project (later revised in 1903) included: the construction of intake structures – the first on the drain system of the Righellati power plant and the second auxiliary structure directly on the Agno river; a derivative canal of over a kilometer and a half, which would cross the small valleys of the area thanks to “solid wooden bridge-canal trunks, on masonry pillars”; a small 15 m² cargo tank; a forced conduct, over 90 meters long; a two-storey engine room in Via Seladi, intended to house a Francis turbine «with a horizontal axis, capable of consuming 700 liters per second […], 380 revolutions per minute»; a drain channel directly into the Agno river (and then merged into the branch channel of the subsequent Marchesini power plant).
The plant, now owned by Eusebio Energia, is currently in operation.