The Richellero di Recoaro stream, formed by the union of some small springs (“Stue”, “Casare” and “Fieno”), was identified by Marzotto as the target of a possible water diversion project back in the late nineteenth century. The purchase by Lanificio di Valdagno of two factories located near the confluence of the stream with the Agno river is witness thereof: two wheat mills, respectively known as “Sudiro” and “Storti”.
The project, submitted in 1903, included intake works built on the Richellero at a distance of about 330 meters from the Contrà Gattera di Sopra bridge, into which the waste waters from the Richellere power plant would later flow. The stone derivative channel “plastered on the inside so that all the wet contour results in very smooth walls” was expected to have a total length of 686 m (two thirds of which in a tunnel). A partially underground 180-meter forced pipe would bring the water from the loading tank (the “red house”) to a generating plant of considerable size where two Pelton turbines were installed. Water was drained into in the Richellero stream and was later conveyed to the channel of the subsequent small Margherita power station.
The plant also supplied energy to the thermal springs of Recoaro during the season (June-September), following an agreement signed between the thermal spring company and Marzotto. As was the case for other power plants in the area, the Bruni power plant was also the protagonist of an episode of the Resistance during World War II. The partisans blew up the forced conduct in order to stop the activities of the wool mill that was working for the German army for at least a few days.
The plant, now owned by Eusebio Energia, is currently in operation.